f The Wittenberg Door: Notable Quote: Charles Spurgeon

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My Photo
Name:

Commenting on Christendom, culture, history, and other oddities of life from an historic Protestant perspective.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Notable Quote: Charles Spurgeon

Spurgeon on God's gracious election . . .

I am quite certain that, if God had not chosen me, I should never have chosen Him; and I am sure He chose me before I was born, or else He never would have chosen me afterwards; and He must have elected me for reasons unknown to me, for I never could find any reason in myself why He should have looked upon me with special love.

C.H. Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Cammie Novara said...

"I am quite certain that, if God had not chosen me, I should never have chosen Him; and I am sure He chose me before I was born, or else He never would have chosen me afterwards" I am astonished by the truth in those words.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. I wonder why the Lord chosen to save me, who was one of the most prideful people on the face of the planet and even attempted to use God to bring more glory to myself before He graciously saved me.

11:03 AM  
Blogger zeek2freak said...

Spurgeon always seemed to have the appropriate words.

8:24 AM  
Blogger The Catechizer and The Deacon said...

All I can say to each comment is, Amen!

Oh, and Isaac, I understand that there are a few “appropriate” words that you need to add to your lexicon, such as, “Go, Niners, Go!” We’ll discuss appropriate apparel later (e.g., which is the best jersey for a new 49ers fan, Crabtree or Willis).

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home