f The Wittenberg Door: Thou Didst Love Me Before I Loved Thee

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My Photo
Name:

Commenting on Christendom, culture, history, and other oddities of life from an historic Protestant perspective.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Thou Didst Love Me Before I Loved Thee

Thou didst love me before I loved thee,
An enemy, a sinner, a loathsome worm,
Thou didst own me with I disclaimed myself,
Thou dost love me as a son,
And weep over me as over Jerusalem.

Love brought thee from heaven to earth,
From earth to the cross,
From the cross to the grave.

Love caused thee to be
Weary, hungry, tempted, scorned, scourged,
Buffeted, spat upon, crucified, and pierced.

Love led thee to bow thy head in death.

Valley of Vision: A collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home